Beth Hauptle is a marketing and communications professional with 36 years’ experience marketing for arts, entertainment, hospitality, lifestyle, and other small to midsize businesses. After receiving her MA in Arts Management while working at American University, she served as the chief communications and marketing officer for 19 years at four major Washington/Baltimore regional theatres: Baltimore Center Stage (two years), Studio Theatre (three years), Shakespeare Theatre Company (twelve years), Arena Stage (two years). In between Shakespeare and Studio she operated a successful consulting practice for 12 years, including five years launching a national sustainable food and farming label, Animal Welfare Approved. She returned to consulting in summer of 2017.
What We've Achieved
Positions Held by Beth Hauptle
- BALTIMORE CENTER STAGE: 2015-2017
In conjunction with $28 million building renovation, oversaw major communications/marketing projects including conversion to CRM Tessitura, development of new custom website, and re-branding in conjunction with the design firm Pentagram. Instituted content marketing program, increased neighborhood partnerships, and successfully launched Grand Re-Opening of Baltimore Center Stage.
- STUDIO THEATRE: 2012-2015
Oversaw re-branding initiative (Design Army) and managed design and development of new Tessitura-based website while rebuilding the marketing and communications staff, strategy, and operations. Grew Facebook fans from 2,000 to 17,000 and Twitter followers from 700 to 7,000.
- SHAKESPEARE THEATRE COMPANY:
Chief Marketing Officer responsible for all aspects of sales, marketing, and communications. Under Beth's leadership, earned income grew from $1.5 million to $4.9 million and the full-season subscriber base grew from 4,000 to 17,000 persons. Developed an annual summer audience of 40,000 for The Shakespeare Theatre Free for All at Carter Barron Amphitheater--two weeks of free, outdoor Shakespeare performances.
- ARENA STAGE: 1986-1989
Served as primary press representative, responsible for writing releases, pitching stories and maintaining positive press relations. Developed a successful program to cultivate diverse audiences through creative use of media and special events.
- Eastwick Solutions: Doylestown, PA: July 2018-present, Assist with marketing and coordinating projects including Pottsville On Tap, presented by Yuengling Brewery & 250th Anniversary of Anthracite.
- Shriver Hall Concert Series, Baltimore, MD: February 2018-present, Provide strategic advice on subscription campaign and audience relations.
- American Shakespeare Center, Staunton, VA: August 2017-July 2018 Serve as Interim Director of Marketing.
- Mount Vernon Community Children's Theatre, Alexandria, VA: January 2018-July 2018, Led a feasibility study as part of strategic planning to determine interest in and commitment to expanding artistic and educational programming.
- The Shakespeare Theatre Company:
4.5 years, Corporate Sponsorships and launched National Council
- American Conservatory Theater, San Francisco: 1 year, market research analysis and strategic marketing plan in conjunction with Shugoll Research
- Animal Welfare Approved: 5 years, marketing of sustainable farming and food label including the organization of a major conference in conjunction with George Washington University
Atlas Performing Arts Center:
3 years, communications, branding and marketing planning and implementation to open new arts facility
Imagination Stage: 5 years, communications, branding and marketing to open new arts facility and ongoing marketing consultancy
Olney Theatre Center: 1 year, strategic marketing planning
Mount Vernon Children’s Theatre:
10 years, marketing and media relations, grant writing, and education programs
Creative Cauldron: 6 months, business planning
MusicLink Foundation: 2 years, strategic planning, fundraising and grant writing
Piedmont Filmmakers Festival: 6 months, marketing